We are happy to announce the 2022 Girard Area Community Foundation Grant Recipients. The annual banquet was held on Nov. 17th, and GACF was fortunate to grant $55,430!
Special thanks to all our past donors. You are the reason we exist!
Table of Contents
2022 GACF Grant Recipients
This year’s grant recipients and their projects are:
- Care to Share Support Group of Bourbon County: To provide and meet the daily needs of cancer patients through gas vouchers, utility bill payments, and groceries.
- City of Girard: Completion of Skate Park Renovation with three Pickleball nets.
- Community Food Pantry: Providing food for those in need in our community.
- Crawford County Fairgrounds: LED lighting upgrades at the Crawford County Fairgrounds.
- DBLO Association: Appropriate bedding for 25 children.
- Crawford County Fire Dept. #4: Community virtual fire training through a Bullseye digital-fire-extinguisher-training system.
- Girard Youth Activities: Fee reduction of $10 per participant for youth activities and safety borders, mounds, and trashcans at the softball fields.
- Girard Medical Center: Psychiatric-patient transportation costs.
- Kansas Angels Among Us: Financial assistance for cancer patients.
- Learning Tree Institute at Greenbush: Media Globe digital content for planetarium films for student-enrichment programs.
- McCune Lions Club: Healthy foods expansion project for a high tunnel to raise vegetables for the community.
- St. Aloysius Historical Society: To purchase new windows for a historic garage built in 1954.
About GACF Grants
Each year, the Girard Area Community Foundation offers grants to local 501(c)(3) public charities, schools, government agencies, and religious institutions.
We accept grant applications during August and September, evaluate them during October, and award them during November. For more information, visit our grants page!