Heads up! We are taking grant applications through the end of September. Applications must be submitted online through GLM, the grant-application software we introduced last year.
Table of Contents
GACF Grant Application Basics
We will accept grant applications from August 1 to September 30, 2023. Our grant cycle is opent of local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, government entities, and religious institutions for programs that benefit the quality of life in the Girard area. The “Girard area” means Girard, Farlington, Brazilton, Hepler, Beulah, Walnut, and McCune.
We hope to award up to $65,193 in grants during 2023. Last year, we awarded $55,430 to 13 nonprofits. The minimum award last year was $2,000, the maximum award was $8,500, and the average award was $4,263.85.
Important Information for Applicants
- Girard area nonprofits are encouraged to apply.
- Please read and follow instructions carefully.
- Notification of grant-selection decisions will be approximately one month after the due date.
- One can application is submitted, it cannot be edited.
- By submitting an application, you are verifying the accuracy of the information and understand that this is a one-time-only grant award.
- In the event your project is funded, you are agreeing to submit an evaluation report and project photos upon completion of the project, or by July 31 of the following year.
- Submission of evaluation reports from previously funded projects will be considered as part of the selection process.
Project Expenses Typically Not Funded
- Ongoing operating expenses/salaries/stipends/personnel costs
- Mileage reimbursement or travel costs
- Building/construction projects/capital improvements
- Religious activities unless the project serves the general public regardless of religious affiliation
- Political activities
We look forward to receiving your grant proposal!